Hello. I’m Excited. This is one of my stops during the month tour for But My Soul Is Black by Terrell Williams. This virtual book tour is organized by Write Now Literary Book Tours. This tour runs September 4-29, 2017. Follow the tour here. Book your own tour here WNL
About The Author
Terrell Williams began life as the 2nd eldest son of 9 children (4 girls and 5 boys) and was reared in less than affluent circumstances. The second in his immediate family to graduate from college, he went on to marry a wonderful woman, and who eventually became the proud parents of 4 children (3 girls and 1 son who is also his namesake).
Mr. Williams enjoys reading and writing poetry, and he has written several plays that have been performed and were well received in Texas. The idea for his debut novel, But my Soul Is Black, lay dormant for many years until Mr. Williams finally finished the novel upon his retirement, fulfilling his dream of becoming a published author. His romantic tale tackles controversial topics such as interracial relationships, generational differences of conceptual thinking about life and love. This novel seeks to remind the readers of the interconnectedness we share as humans, as well as showing that truly, love transcends all!
About The Book
But My Soul is Black, takes a candid look at interracial romance and the human experience. The book reveals the cultural misperceptions that harm us, and the love that heals us.
Bobby has high hopes for his new life in Detroit, and he will not, under any circumstances, blow his chances by messing up a prime job opportunity at his uncle’s construction company. But his first meeting with his mentor, African American foreman Jimbo, turns out even worse than expected when it becomes apparent that Bobby is learning the ropes to become Jimbo’s boss.
As Bobby tries to navigate Jimbo’s understandable resentment, he must also wrestle with the misperceptions of Black culture that his Caucasian family has passed on to him. Eventually, the two men become friends as Jimbo recognizes that Bobby doesn’t hold the prejudices of his uncle.
But just as things start to smooth out, Jimbo introduces Bobby to the kind, clever, and stunning Karen—Jimbo’s favorite woman to string along. Confused by his strong feelings for this intriguing woman and frustrated with Jimbo’s flippant treatment of her, Bobby struggles with whether to pursue Karen…at the cost of ending his newfound friendship with Jimbo and sabotaging his future.
Taking a candid look at interracial romance and the human experience, …But My Soul is Black reveals the cultural misperceptions that harm us—and the love that heals us
TOP TEN LIST
Ten Things I Wish I Knew About Being an Author I Didn’t Know Before
1) The amount of focus it takes to assimilate all of the elements in a story that is in your mind and logically unfold them to the reader in a way that they can comfortably follow your thoughts through the journey.
2) The amount of patience that is required.
3) The amount of perseverance that is required.
4) Sometimes the amount of research that is required
5) The amount of time that is required
6) The amount of financial resources needed
7) The amount of personal resolve that is required
8) The amount of creativity that is required
9) The amount of command of the English language that is sometimes required.
10) The amount of belief in yourself and your abilities that are needed.
10 Tips for Finding a Publicist
1) Talk to published authors
2) Research the work of publicists for existing authors and evaluate what you think about the job they did for their client.
3) Word of mouth
4) Compare rates
5) Ascertain whether there is a good chemistry between you and the publicist
6) Know what you want from your publicist and monitor whether in a continuum you are receiving the level of results, effort and effectiveness from them that you expect.
7) Verify that your goals, their record, capability and expertise mesh with yours.
8) Look for publicists who are brutally truthful with you.
9) Look for a publicist who will work with you.
10) Look for a publicist who will work hard FOR you.
Tour Hosted by Write Now Literary Book Tours