Hello! This is one of my tour stops during my two week book tour for The Bennu Project by Tyrone Givens. This virtual book tour is organized by Write Now Literary Book Tours. This tour runs November 23-December 6, 2017. Follow the tour here. Book your own tour here WNL
Genre: Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi
About The Book
On a dangerous run to scavenge supplies from a remote excavation site in the Meza Ruins, Azubuike and his friends encounter a unique piece of technology left by their ancestors. Once exposed to the device, Azubuike’s reality is altered in ways that could unravel his mind. The team has no way of knowing the danger—or benefit—posed by this ancient technology which triggered a series of events forever changing Azubuike and his friends. Has he unlocked the secret to end the alien occupation of his world or will this device result in the extinction of his people?
The Bennu Project is a genre-defying novel with the suspense of mystery, metaphors of science fiction and accuracy of historical relevance depicting the rise-and-fall of several Nile Valley civilizations.
About The Author
Fed up with the stereotypical caricatures used to falsely portray the Black culture, Tyrone Givens is committed to creating heroes and heroines as positive images for our children. To reverse the less-than-flattering qualities that diminish self-esteem, self-worth and cultural value, this master storyteller entertains readers with science fiction plots infused with historical facts often omitted from school curriculums.
Givens, a homeschool educator whose high school-aged children are attending college, is a multi-lingual, federally-licensed airplane pilot. The Bennu Project is the culmination of his passions: empowering Black children, accurate depiction of our history and rebuilding our community.
Author’s Top Ten
“10 Items on My Bucket List“
Although I may be a bit young for a bucket list, it wasn’t hard to identify ten things I want to do:
- First on my list: ride into outer space, even if it’s just low orbit. Decades may pass before it’s commercialized and affordable, but I want to fly high.
- Become a fighter pilot. Since I am too old to get into military flight training, I settled for getting my private pilot license as a civilian.
- I want to own a kit-built airplane.
- I want to pilot—or at least second seat—a modern, demilitarized fighter jet.
- I want to see and touch the great pyramids of Egypt.
- While in Africa, I want to see the precursor pyramids in The Sudan.
- I want to hike, journey and travel the length of the Hapi River.
- I want to visit several sites left behind by the Hapi Valley civilizations.
- I want to fluently speak, read and write Mdu Ntr (an ancient Egyptian language). I used this skill in the second book of The Bennu Project Series.
- I want at least one of my books listed in the catalogue of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture (crossed that one off…twice).
Tyrone Givens, author of the best-selling novel, The Bennu Project
Tour hosted by WNL Book Tours